Hello again, friends! Here I am again after a very long absence from this blog. So MUCH has happened since my last post, so I will quickly recap:
Since April 2012,
- My little sister got married (July) and bought a house in Arizona (August)
- I quit my very stable, well-paying job (August) to go back to school (September) to finish the last 9 units I needed to finally earn by bachelors degree (December) and start working for myself / others (September)
- The Old Man landed a very stable, well-paying job ONE DAY after I quit mine (August)
- We celebrated our second wedding anniversary camping in a yurt at Cachuma Lake (October)
- My twenty-ninth year came to a close, and my thirtieth began! (December)
- There was a total eclipse and the end of the world (December)
- The band has gotten back together FINALLY and is working on a handful of new songs (January)
- Gavin and I began house hunting (February), made three offers on three houses and one was accepted (April)!
- Escrow closed (May), and we moved in (June)!
- We adopted an Australian Shepard dog named Orlando (May)
So, as you can see, life has been twirling and The Old Man and I are doing our best to keep up. We officially moved out of our beloved one bedroom apartment in its Old-Hollywood-Pink plaster shell on June 2nd and are currently finding our way around the boxes, ladders, buckets, and power tools that are strewn around our new little casita. I am very much looking forward to making this place our own… the little by little headway we will make with every tiny improvement and embellishment, the getting familiar with the quirks and creaks, making a habit of getting off at our new freeway exit instead of the old one – all these things will come in time, and we are full and content to experience it as it unfolds.
Pictures coming soon!
Ok, ok, here are some pictures: